Friday 12 December 2008

Another Reply From Councillor Waudby


Here it is copied and pasted exactly as I received it.

"if you want these answers come to the forums and I will give you the answers I am not up for 4 years if you were in my ward you would have known what I have been doing for the last 20 years sheila"

Here is my response.

"Thanks for the reply Sheila. I do live in the marfleet ward (parthian) and I have no idea what you have been doing for the last 20 years. Neither does anybody else that I know. This may explain why the turnout at your election victory was a meagre 17.8 percent.

I would have thought it would be easier for you to e-mail me the answers rather than discuss it at forum.

Anyway as you have promised to answer my questions I am more than happy to come to your 4th Friday meeting at Marfleet Village Hall or a Saturday at 430 holderness road if you could tell me when your next saturday attendance will be. No appointment necessary I presume.

Kind Regards."

I felt her response was at best haughty and at worst evasive. Her election was probably based on the old adage that East Hullers would vote for a monkey so long as it was wearing a red rosette.

I am, however, happy to play her game for now. I am interested to see if she will give answers to my questions or will try to fob me off.

UPDATE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this response 2 hours later.

"well you where wrong there my vote went up and we have only been looking after your area for about 2 years"

First things first. I am no English teacher and am known to make spelling and grammar errors. But the shocking English skills being displayed by Councillor Waudby and Councillor Petch are beyond the pale.

Here is my response.

"As you can see from this link http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=221,588255&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL the turnout was indeed 17.8 percent. Poor by any ones standards. These are official council figures from the HCC website.

Do you know which Saturday you will be available at 430 Holderness road to answer my questions as promised?

Kind regards

Rob D."

Update-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She still hasn't answered any of my questions but she may be about to. Anyway this is the latest that she sent.

I never break promises I said I would send them and I will but if you are realy interested you could go into the back issues of the daily mail around 1976 80 you will see what I did in the n u p e union A was in the press a lot fighting for the school meals"

My reply

"Please dont misunderstand me. I'm not trying to critisise you or undermine any of your accomplishments in anyway. I am only interested in your answers to the questions that I asked. The reason for this is that I feel that many of them are relevent to the the labour party and I want to know more about my local councillors.

Kind regards"

I felt that a conciliatory reply may induce the required answers. We shall see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will start to scare these people soon. Talking common sense and asking awkward questions isn't what they want.
They want the cash & kudos.

They await people to slip the carpet from under their feet when they get caught out. Keep up the good work - one man to start a revolution!

moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneyohi'lltakeapayoffthen

Kev Brown said...

I concur with Harriet, this guy seems to know what he's talking about!

drewish said...

Spot on. It is sad that people like this are elected just because people will vote for anyone if they have "Labour", "Tory" or "Lib Dem" after their name.

We need elected MPs and councillors who are not in it for themselves, but are genuinely there to represent their constituents.

I came to your blog from the CNWP website, where you said that it needed more visitors. I agree!